Saturday, June 6, 2009

Daging masak cili kicap jem dan raisins



you heard or rather read that right. there are raisins and some jam in this dish.These are new to me but maybe not to some people.
I couldn't believe it myself until I saw it with my own eyes, my friend throwing some raisins and scooped in a blob of jam ( could be strawberry jam), into the dish. That was in the 80s or 90s , (student days, far away from home days, those days when I learned how to cook to survive...yelah, Umi duk jauh, camana nak masak for me, kan, so kena belajar masak maaa.... )


did this the other day,on Wednesday. took out a piece of meat,( normally I would cook this dish using chicken ) cut into not so thin slices, clean it, of course and boil with some water ( later to be used ), sliced onions, garlic and some ginger. Boil till the meat is tender.

meanwhile, heat some oil, fry chili paste ( or blended dried chillies), shallot and garlic ( crushed), a bit of blacan and also rempah sup, serbuk ketumbar, , dark soy sauce, kayu manis, bunga cengkih, and not forgetting the raisins, jem and a bit of sugar and salt to taste. Mix thoroughly last but not not least, add in say, two tomatoes ( sliced ) and cook till everything is ready .

Sedap, tak caya, cuba sendiri....

thanx Rina sarawak for showing me how this dish is done cos my kids love this recipe and i have been cooking this every now and then.


No comments:

Post a Comment