Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Gulai ikan versi rempah giling

I have found the rempah which suits my hubbys tastebud for fish curry, even if it is not 100%perfect but close.....not Ad*b*, nor B*b*s or Allag*pp*, but home made , not by moi ( i wish it was, but no...wishful thinking on my part ) by a lady who sells coconut milk and kerisek at the local wet market here in Alor Star, at the Souq Al-Bukhary market to be exact.(Thanks to her I can now make gulai ikan yang pecah minyak)

Whenever I feel like making fish curry, be it the whole ikan termenung or ikan senagin or maybe fish head ( ikan merah or jenahak ), I would drop by at her gerai and bought the fish curry paste.It only cost RM1 for one dish or maybe two dishes of gulai ikan depending on the quantity of fish used.

for the above recipe, I used ikan senangin, quite a big one, but I just bought the tail part which cost RM10 which I bought yesterday morning after dropping Batrisyia off at her school

Here's my version of fish curry:

Heat oil, fry sliced shallots , garlics, curry leaves and ( blank... I suddenly cant remember what this net ingredient is called), yang bijik2 tu, ?#@&?
okay, got it, halba campur:)

then, once fragrant, add in the home made (giling or blended i dont know) fish curry paste, stir until cooked.
Add in a little water , and a lttle asam jawa juice too.
leave it to boil and add in coconut milk
and the fish too
if you like, you can also add in some ladys fingers and tomatoes
salt and sugar to taste,

done.

No comments:

Post a Comment