Sunday, April 18, 2010

Siakap kukus

I finally found the simplest, the easiest and the yummiest steamed fish recipe. Didnt quite knew how to make this dish before though I know that this is one of the easiest recipe to cook fish, simply throw anything in and steam ahead, but not to me, I struggle to make 'ikan kukus but when I came across this recipe on TV during Chef Kamarul's show. It's one of those shows where he would be cooking a few dishes with a celebrity or an artist and I thot I'd give a try . Guess what? I've got thumbs up from my kids, especially the youngest who could easily finish off the whole small siakap on her own, I'd stick to this recipe for now.

here's the recipe ( semua main agak2 ya....)
SIAKAP KUKUS
one siakap, cleaned and place in a deep bowl or plate and rub some salt and squeezed some lemon juice on it.put aside.
get the steamer ready.
meanwhile, heat cooking oil in a small frying pan, fry sliced lemon grass with sliced onions till fragrant,
then add in a few cloves of garlic and a little chunk of sliced ginger, red chillies, green chillies, cili api.
then, add in some oyster sauce to taste.
add in some water for the gravy.
place the fish inside the steamer tray and pour the gravy on top of it. If you like, you can also put in thinly sliced carrot
cover the steamer and steam the fish for about 10 minutes.
before serving, just sprinkle some spring onion on top for colour.
serve with hot rice

No comments:

Post a Comment